Encan Depot - Bad service and they will kick you out !

Thursday i bought an external hard drive with the store's recomanded HDD and external case witch didn't work. I brought it back, they made me wait 1 hour, and then said they don't know why, and to go see a competitor of theirs to get it fixed witch i did. The competitor said that it didn't work neither so to bring it back. Store was closed when i came back. The following day, i brought it back requesting for one that works and the owner says that he doesn't know how they work and they don't have technicians. While reimbursing me, he told me to talk to this technician that was there witch i did and i explained him the situation. When I said “the store doesn't know how it works” the store owner Nabil says: “You are insulting me”. Astonished, i said i'm sorry for talking all together and i asked that if he would give me one that works, i would buy it right away, he said to come back on Monday.

Monday morning, i came back and he didn't want to offer me service saying that i called him names “*** apparently that i said” and literally kicked me out of the store.

The neighbours of that store all said the same thing: “That guys doesn't know his products”. I'm assuming hearing that by a client touched him in his hart.

I'm glad to have been able to be reimbursed but the way the guy kicked me out, i felt like garbage !

By the way, this is his website www.encandepot.com

Here is his address: 1170 Begin Ville St Laurent H4R 1X1

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 1 Yes 1 3 No 3
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 09, 2015 #981852

I don't know why you have had problems with Encan Depot I bought 4 laptops 8 pc's as well as many computer parts and accesories from them and was always satisfied, on the odd occasion if something was defective or unsatisfactory Nabil exchanged it, I am not a bulk buyer I pick up parts & computers etc.for my family and friends and have always been treated politely by the owner Nabil and Lucien.
As for Lucien's competence he was the only person that was able to properly format 2 - 3Tb Hard drives that I had bought at Canada Computers, their tech couldn't do it and 5 other well known computer stores near where I live couldn't either, that is how I first got to know about that store and am now a regular customer. Lucien explained how to do certain repairs and answered my questions on PC problems that I had.
They are very friendly and considerate I always refer customers to them because of this, I have no Idea why you had this problem.If you treat people with respect you get treated the same.

0 0 Reply

Jun 02, 2013 #659087 Montreal, Quebec

You are absolutely right about Encan depot they made the same thing to me and many other people pretending they got a good service, they dont at all, they got a kid called lucien working as a technician, he doesent have any computer knowledge, i guess he didnt finish his first grade, and when you ask a technical question, the answer turns arround, " we dont know" ! Many stores wants to be in computer business without any knowledge or degree, this is so deceiving, before you choose to buy from any of them, you should look at the owner skills, if he is a butcher so i guess he is not in the right business to give people advices in computers. they better go sleep !!!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.